Sunday School children
remain with their families in both churches until the Collect is said, when
they and any accompanying adults join the Sunday School procession, following
the Cross. The groups are then divided as follows:
· Pre-school group (children should be accompanied by one parent)
· School-age group (Side-room in SL Hall - please do not accompany children unless you are on the rota for that date)
Creche for children of 0-2 years meets in the vestry at the south-east corner of the church)
· Pre-school age group (school hall - children should be accompanied by one parent)
· Reception and Keystage 1 (Reception class room - please do not accompany if not on duty)
· Keystage 2 (School corridor)
If your child prefers to remain in church during the service, there are pew bags containing activities which are available from the sidespeople on duty.
Sunday School ethos
St Luke’s and Christ Church Sunday Schools form an integral part of the worshipping community of our united parish. We aim to create sacred space in which children and any accompanying adults can come close to God and learn more about our Christian faith.
Parents and helpers are asked to model quiet and respectful listening, and to encourage an atmosphere of prayer and learning.